[lbo-talk] violent crime up

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 14 16:13:03 PDT 2006

Jordan wrote:

>because of the strict hangun control laws there, _all_ of those gun
>murders were by
>other-than-law-abiding-gun-owners (the ones Doug says "loves" their
>guns) ...

A murderer is "other than law abiding". You had me going there for a minute.

So most people who own guns don't kill people. So what? The connection between guns in the hands of what you call extreme criminals and your law abiding gun owners is that gun manufacturing is protected by one of the strongest lobbies in the country because "we love our guns".