[lbo-talk] Fwd: An Evening with Ambassador L. Paul Bremer

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 04:18:26 PDT 2006

> Authority to strongly consider a 2nd Amendment type clause in the
> Iraqi constitution to help ensure Iraq's freedom following departure
> of US soldiers" <http://bremerforcongress.org/platform_national.htm>.

Nice. As I recall a frequent scene early in the occupation was US soldiers busting in and confiscating the guns that were normal for Iraqi families to have around. It would be nice to have some harder figures on that -- no doubt there's a bumper sticker somewhere with Saddam added to the list of tyrants who "agree that gun control works".

And, no, I'm not arguing for gun control. I just find it weird how they're a fetish object for democracy.

-- Andy