[lbo-talk] Question about legality of showing Zarqawi's bloated dead face all over the news

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 06:52:08 PDT 2006

On 6/15/06, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My gf and I have been watching the news and have become quite disgusted with how often we sit there and see Zarqawi's bloated, bloody, lifeless face broadcast all over the damned news airwaves, even prime time news "WHEN CHILDREN COULD BE WATCHING [gasp!!!!]" It smacks of a kind of barbaric gloating. Isn't there some int'l law or treaty that says this display is forbidden? The Geneva Conventions, a UN treaty, US law, etc.?

My roomie's Time came in with with a dripping red paint X over his face on the cover -- like the cover somebody ran with Hitler after he bit it. Posthumous Hitler du jour.

Skimmed the article, it was full of loving descriptions of the weapons used, etc. There was a kind of ghoulish glee to it all. It's finally the turning point, you know.

-- Andy