[lbo-talk] No politics, just rock 'n' roll

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 09:19:21 PDT 2006

So, let me get this straight: There's basically an executive branch rock 'n roll band composed of at least one White House official, Andrew Card's daughter, and Bob McNally: THE COMPASSIONATES? I need pictures! Pictures!

Of The Compassionates' singer - White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten - USA Today says, "Bolten's friends describe a 51-year-old who also likes to ride Harley-Davidson motorcycles, organize bowling parties, and play bass in a rock band."

>From USA Today:

Bolten also has found time to rub shoulders with U2 frontman Bono and actress Bo Derek. An observant Jew, he recited the opening prayer in Hebrew at his first Cabinet meeting. He keeps a gas tank from a Harley-Davidson "Fat Boy" in his office. At Princeton reunions, "he's kind of a rock star," says classmate Mike McCurry, who worked in the Clinton White House.

In 2004, Bolten joined a band of current and former government workers that includes Tabetha Mueller, Card's daughter. The foursome plays '60s tunes at school fundraisers and government functions. "We're all kind of middle-aged people trying to resuscitate our high school years," says drummer and former White House staffer Bob McNally.

More fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o762HKxYMeA&eurl=

-B.