[lbo-talk] the world according to Kos

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jun 16 10:02:01 PDT 2006

<http://www.thestranger.com/blog/2006/06/kos_maureen_dowd_is.php>

Kos: “Maureen Dowd is an Insecure, Catty Bitch” POSTED BY ELI SANDERS AT 11:33 AM I just finished a brief interview with Markos Moulitsas, the man behind DailyKos, and he’s a bit upset with Marueen Dowd. His take on her column in this morning’s New York Times:

Maureen Dowd is an insecure, catty bitch. Moulitsas tells me that he’s going to be posting his own version of his interview with Dowd on DailyKos soon, and says he’s not worried about getting into a public fight with someone who holds such a prominent spot on the Times’ Op-Ed page.

I reach more people than most of these publications that are interviewing me—I don’t need them. Expanding on his critique of Dowd, Moulitsas told me, “she’s feeling defensive.” I asked why, and he told me that he asked Dowd the same question during their interview. As he recounts it:

She said, ‘Because Ana Marie Cox got into TIME after two years of blogging, and it took me 15 years to get this job.’