[lbo-talk] The Plague, Mearsheimer, and other things

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 19:02:55 PDT 2006

Chuck Grimes:

Dot, dot, dot. Oh finally, finally, finally, thank god almighty, on 9/11 we got to be victims again!

The US political establishment, neo-conservatives and neo-liberals alike climaxed in delicious agony as they stuck their finger up each other's ass and screamed rape in unison.

Ahhh, the cycle of state victimhood and violence could continue after all. Only this time it was even better. We could fabricate our enemies at will since there was no state target, but a mere a hand full of nasty malcontents spread over half the Muslim world.

What a feast we're having.

Yes.

It's quite remarkable really to witness this real-time (and very deadly) psychological thriller we're living in.

And here's another wrinkle to consider: the US, and Israel too I think, celebrate themselves as victims but of a uniquely aggressive sort. We are victims equipped with devastating military power - snarling victims who hold a pink teddy bear or yellow ribbon of commemoration in one hand and an AT4 shoulder launched missile in the other. Pathos and thanatos.

Perhaps, in the future, the stars and stripes should be replaced by a boldly colorful flag featuring Bugs Bunny holding a lit stick of dynamite.

Bugs always started out apparently nonchalant, even sweet, but inevitably wound up bringing the psychotic heat (and an air of wounded victimization) to his animated wars.

.d.

--------- They say evil prevails if good men do nothing. What they should say is, evil prevails.

Lord of War

http://monroelab.net/blog/