[lbo-talk] Ehrenburg

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 09:17:10 PDT 2006

I am continuing to translate Ehrenburg but haven't done anything for some time due to work considerations.

But the Russian glossy magazine published in this issue extracts of its articles during the war. They're in Russian of course but still pretty cool: http://www.ogoniok.com/inside/events/2006/ba16394a-872a-78d4-ccd2-396da83814a5/

The shot at the upper left is the cover of their first issue during the war. The headline reads: "For the Motherland! For Stalin!" The page to the right of that reads "The Third Week of the Holy Patriotic War." The next says "The Soviet people has decided: We will exterminate the fascist bandits!" Then we have an article titled "Up to Their Throats in Blood." Then "The Glorious Achievement of Soviet Pilots and Tank Crewmen," and finally caractures of the Hitlerite leadership. Then there's an article on the war.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!