[lbo-talk] Iraq: it's all the media's fault

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 19 10:40:42 PDT 2006

[via Romenesko]

<http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/18/rs.01.html>

"The media has decided this war is going badly," says Fund "Reliable Sources"

Wall Street Journal/OpinionJournal.com columnist John Fund and Howard Kurtz on CNN:

FUND: We have found computer files in Zarqawi's computer which shows he was very pessimistic about the insurgency and said time was on the Americans' side. That got very little coverage even though my intelligence sources say it's been completely authenticated. KURTZ: And so you believe this is because of a negative media mindset on the war?

FUND: I think that the media has decided this war is going badly and short of the surrender of the insurgency, that's the storyline. So I think the body count continues to be covered and Zarqawi's computer drive revelations aren't.