[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn going the Hitchens way? (and otherresponses)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:08:04 PDT 2006

>From: "Jerry Monaco" <monacojerry at gmail.com>
>
>It should be a principled "conservative" position to expose all CIA
>secrecy. Since there are no conservatives to speak of, this ends up
>being the job of those of us called "radicals" or "leftists."
>
>Educating the public on this matter is one of the things those of us
>on the left should be doing. I do not know if CIA agents are
>psychopaths or not. Perhaps, one does not have to be a psychopath in
>order to undermine democracy, employ people to murder peasants,
>priests and nuns, etc. I really don't care much about the
>psychological state of such people. It is a tenth order
>consideration. Quite a few CIA agents are bound to do awful things
>because that is their job. ...

Who but a lunatic would want to work for the CIA in the first place? I don't consider this a trivial matter. An important part of educating the public about the nature of spycraft is informing Americans what a bunch of wackos the US employs to stir up trouble around the world. These people are demented, dangerous and should be discredited wherever possible.

Carl