[lbo-talk] Overconfidence is a disadvantage in war, finds study

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:40:18 PDT 2006

On 6/21/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are there such things as "optimistic peasants"? Seems
> almost a contradiction in terms. ;)

Compelled by an ever-so brief moment of optimism a peasant will move to New York City (or circa 70 BCE to Rome) and this change of geography either cures them of their optimistic delusions or causes them to open up a restaurant. In any case only a highly deluded peasant could think that opening a family restaurant is the best way to make a transtion from Abruzzi to New York.

Jerry