[lbo-talk] The 17th Carnival of Feminists is up

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Wed Jun 21 19:26:35 PDT 2006

Enjoy all funk-filled Kielbasa wielders and women who love them! Sorry: a reference to the Feminist Blowjob wars. you will find commentary on the wars at the carnival -- and a whole lot more.

BL

--

First, thanks to everyone who submitted entries. This was a blast!

The 17th Carnival of Feminists is up at http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/06/21/the-17th-feminist-carnival/. Sorry to be so late, but my blog decided to die on me today and I had to be gone during the time when it was resuscitated. Blrrrgh.

The Trackback URL is http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/06/21/the-17th-feminist-carnival/trackback/ if you'd like to announce the Carnival at your blog.

If I've missed anything, let me know. And please let me know about typos or misrepresentations. This Bitch is Typho Queen.

A quick run-down of themes covered:

1. The virtues of being mouthy, talking back, refusing norms of politeness, etc.

2. Explorations of Carol Hanisch's original meaning behind the popular phrase, 'the personal is political.'

3. Solstice Sex Positive Feminist Mini-Carnival, plus scattered notes on the BJ Wars.

There are also beautiful, witty, and hilarious posts on motherhood, reproductive rights, comic book fandom, movie and book reviews, violence against women, critical readings of advertisements, body image, feminist analyses of misogyny in rock music, and feminist takes on media and culture, and more....

Thanks for linking to this edition of the carnival, if you have a chance.

The next carnival will be at Clare's blog, Ink and Incapability, http://incapability.blogspot.com.

The go-to blog for information about the carnival is http://feministcarnival.blogspot.com

BL

blog: http://blog.pulpculture.org/ mail: mailto:carnival at pulpculture.org

"Scream-of-consciousness prose, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org