[lbo-talk] Bush in Hungary: "I am here to celebrate a Revolution."

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 12:50:15 PDT 2006

[I'm anti-Stalinist but this is pretty sleazy. My introduction to what went on in Hungary '56 is Andy Anderson's "Hungary '56" by Black & Red press (1976), a book that analyzes the '56 revolt from a left/libertarian-Marxist perspective and on surface seems quite good -- though I'm no expert on the subject. -B.]

--

Bush lauds Hungary 50 years after uprising

By Tabassum Zakaria Thu Jun 22, 11:04 AM ET

"I am here to celebrate the 1956 revolution. The idea of a revolution is celebrating the notion that all men and women should be free," Bush said at the start of talks with Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom.

[...]

Bush later laid flowers at a black granite monument to the 1956 uprising outside parliament and stood before it with his wife in remembrance.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060622/ts_nm/bush_hungary_dc_4