arrrgggggg was: Re: [lbo-talk] The Zuiikin girls

Guest lbodownload at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 05:15:05 PDT 2006

> Yoshie, tell you what. You tell me a better way to
> save 20,000 US dollars for graduate school in two
> short years and I'll hop right on that gravy train.
>
> --
>
> $20,000? Damn, the ESL drudges in Moscow get $400 a
> month.
> --

And I am at the low end of the pay spectrum. But an uncommonly good saver : )

> Oftentimes, Korean, japanese and chinese businesses
> use english to communicate with one another AND with
> european and american clients.
>
> --
>
> What % of the population is that? 0.5%?

more taiwanese work in international trade than you might guess. and their english is usually horrific.

But that's beside the point, because, as you would know had you bothered to read the post fully, I wrote the above in response to the suggestion that the japanese would be better served by learning chinese because china is nearer to japan than are canada, england, america etc.

also, i have said nothing one way or the other about the practicality of everyone in learning english. I merely said that most taiwanese are quite eager to learn english, (because it is a status symbol?) and that their school system fails them miserably re: ESL