[lbo-talk] Honeywell CEO says India sales reach $500 million

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Jun 24 15:05:47 PDT 2006

Reuters.com

Honeywell CEO says India sales reach $500 million http://today.reuters.com/stocks/QuoteCompanyNewsArticle.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2006-06-22T153948Z_01_N22133569_RTRIDST_0_MANUFACTURING-HONEYWELL.XML&rpc=66

Thu Jun 22, 2006

WASHINGTON, June 22 (Reuters) - Diversified manufacturer Honeywell International Inc. (HON.N: Quote, Profile, Research) has seen its sales in India grow 10 times to $500 million over the past three years, David Cote, the company's chairman and chief executive officer said on Thursday. "Two years ago, when people would ask me, 'What do you think of India?' I would say, 'It's the world's back office and software house.' I don't think that anymore," Cote said at a meeting of the United States-India Business Council in Washington.

"Given everything that I see changing and what we've been able to accomplish ... I couldn't be a bigger fan of the country," he said.

Morris Township, New Jersey-based Honeywell is the world's largest maker of cockpit electronics, and also produces products ranging from industrial components to chemicals and spark plugs. In 2005, it reported sales of $27.7 billion.

Honeywell has 7,000 employees in India, but does not break out sales by country in its earnings reports.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.