[lbo-talk] The Beef With Aronowitz

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Sun Jun 25 14:01:15 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Stanley's probably afraid of the rage that supporting divestment would
> provoke from his companion (I don't think they're married), Ellen
> Willis, who is a fearsome zionist.
>
> Doug

Ahhhh....you know, I can actually accept that more than if it was actually his true ideologically positioning....

The potential wrath of a significant other is not something to fool around with...especially if the other happens to be a "fearsome zionist"....probably end with him/her occupying your entire flat, you left with only your keys for memory, and don't forget about the verbal rocket attacks and surgical insult strikes...on the other hand, if you play it nice and conciliatory, you may be able to retain some claim to the meter radius around your couch and a temporary permit to travel to the bathroom or kitchen, if the other happens to be in a decent mood at the time.