[lbo-talk] CIA and Feminism (was Alex Cockburn going the Hitchensway?)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 22:55:44 PDT 2006

> On Jun 25, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > For a long time after the beginning of the invasion of Iraq, even most
> > liberals and many leftists -- including yourself -- didn't think that
> > the Iraq War was a disaster, at least not a disaster that should
> > compel a swift end to it. Now you, as well as many on the broad left,
> > think it's a disaster, but what are you gonna do about it?
>
> Huh? I thought it was going to be a disaster from before it started.

For a long time after the beginning of the invasion, you kept pointing to polls of Iraqis to argue that a premature US withdrawal will be a disaster, too, and undesired by a majority of Iraqis, so we couldn't and shouldn't call for that.

You mean nothing? -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>