[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill to be Fired

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Jun 26 18:42:21 PDT 2006

> On Jun 27, 2006, at 10:08 AM, Auguste Blanqui wrote:
>
> > Ugh, not to revive last week's discussion, but I don't think we could
> > have asked for a worst "first major academic freedom case" than one
> > requiring us to defend the likes of Churchill...

Does anybody need to defend Churchill? His own institution, for better or worse, gave him tenure. Now they want to revoke it. The only relevant question is why they changed their minds, and the answer is plain to the meanest intellect. It's not because they found something out about him that they didn't already know.

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org