[lbo-talk] Re: Warren Buffett's philanthropy

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 11:04:31 PDT 2006

Carl wrote re: Buffett:

>America's most tedious heartland oracle since Will
>Rogers

Excellent.

I think it's interesting to note how this guy's at least as much a vessel for our expression of personal likes and dislikes as much as he's an objective phenomenon. Some see him as an uncorrupted heartlander that beats Big City elites (Wall Street) by refusing to play their game, while Doug basically equates him with Wall Street itself. I'm generally awed by the guy, so I'm certainly not going to provide anything like a fair read. Or even an interesting one. Maybe we can press that Zizek fellow into service.

Regardless, I think flinging vast gobs of money at problems that have limited identifiable constituencies with access to cash (the eradication of malaria, for example) is a pretty good thing no matter how the money was acquired.