[lbo-talk] Re: Re: Warren Buffett's philanthropy

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Tue Jun 27 11:26:55 PDT 2006

Willy wrote, "Regardless, I think flinging vast gobs of money at problems that have limited identifiable constituencies with access to cash (the eradication of malaria, for example) is a pretty good thing no matter how the money was acquired."

Right.

Doug wrote, "That conceded, I don't really get what social contribution he's made that justifies his wealth; I'm certainly no Microsoft fan, but at least the company's made some half-useful software."

Obviously he doesn't deserve his wealth, but he's done the right thing with it.

-- Luke