[lbo-talk] Surgeon General Secondhand Smoke Report

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:49:08 PDT 2006

>From: "Auguste Blanqui" <blanquist at gmail.com>
>
>"The debate is over. The science is clear. Secondhand smoke is not a mere
>annoyance but a serious health hazard," Carmona said. Smoking is the
>nation's single greatest cause of disease and death*

The surgeon general should ask for a donation from the many-splendored Warren Buffett. This would give Buffett the opportunity for a little synegy with the, ah, killing he made from his earlier investment in cigarettes.

In truth, the S.G. is being a bit shrill here (B. De Long, please take note). I think if I reach advanced old age I may just take up cigarettes again, and everyone else can just stay the hell away from me ;-)

Carl