[lbo-talk] Luntz recants global warming skepticism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 29 11:52:25 PDT 2006

[from The Note]

Luntz revisits his talking points:

ABC News' Clayton Sandell reports that in a BBC documentary, Frank Luntz, the Republican pollster who shaped the GOP's talking points on the climate crisis, is distancing himself from a memo he wrote six years ago.

LUNTZ: "It's now 2006. Now I think most people would conclude that there is global warming taking place, and that the behavior of humans are affecting the climate."

QUESTION: "But the Administration has continued to follow your advice. They're still questioning the science."

LUNTZ: "That's up to the Administration. I'm not the administration. What they want to do is their business. And it's nothing to do with what I write. And it's nothing to do with what I believe."