Diminished Expectations (Re: [lbo-talk] plea from gay Iranian)

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 12:23:55 PDT 2006

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

>That's why I think Venezuela should be the model for
>Iran and other countries

Whatever happened to workers' councils and the supression of the law of value?

I mean, Chavez seems like a decent fellow as far as that goes, but communists used to be much more ambitious.

I think it's a sign of how far we have sunk since the fall of the Soviet Union, that a bourgeois nationalist modernizer like Chavez represents our hopes and dreams.