[lbo-talk] Irrelevance to Marxism of defending Marxism and/or Marx was Re: Joseph Weyde....

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Mar 1 07:13:24 PST 2006

In a message dated 3/1/06 12:32:10 AM, lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org writes:

>Attempts to "prove" that marxism is "good" in the abstract simply lead
>away from concrete struggle and the actual USE of marxism.
>
>Carrol

I think I see what you're saying here, Carrol, but I don't think that's what Charles was doing. I thought he was making a point about Marxism and its specific, concrete anti-racism, which is different from an abstraction about whether Marxism is good or not. For people who are doubly or triply oppressed--women, black people, et al.--who are trying to analyze the connections between a theory of class struggle and their own oppression as a whole, the details of these intersections are rather interesting, no, gripping.

Jenny Brown