[lbo-talk] Irrelevance to Marxism of defending Marxism and/or Marx was Re: Joseph Weyde....

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 07:57:24 PST 2006

> CB: Might not matter too much. I tend to use Engels and Marx's vigorous
> support of war to end slavery to demonstrate that Marxism is fundamentally
> anti-racist.

> CB: Might not matter too much. I tend to use Engels and Marx's vigorous
> support of war to end slavery to demonstrate that Marxism is fundamentally
> anti-racist.

I'd agree. But, the rad left Berkeley J. of Sociology ran this article back in the mid-70's, By Carlos Moore. "Were Marx and Engels White racists?: The Prolet-Aryan outlook of Marx and Engels." Reply by Alvin Gouldner issue.the yr. after.

Monthly Review, back in the late 70's, IIRC, ran another piece by Moore alleging Marx was a Black Man. Self-hating Black Man then?

-- Michael Pugliese