[lbo-talk] Caustic takes update

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:15:05 PST 2006

>I just realized that we haven't had the pleasure of Carl Remick's caustic
>takes of late. Did he unsub? Did I miss something?
>
>Dennis

Muchos gracias for the inquiry. I've mainly been stewing in my own juice the last couple of months and did indeed unsub due to: (a) the need to focus more on productive (read: income-producing) activity and (b) an acute insight deficiency that impaired my normal ability to elucidate What It All Means. However, in my listless state I have been lurking in various archives and been dismayed by the apparent greater listlessness of the cyber left as a whole. With the outbreak of civil war in both Iraq *and* US conservatism, you'd think there would be tremendous energizing of the US left taking place -- but no, the left seems as desultory as ever, powered by no more than Brownian motion.

To offer one caustic mini-take and add my two cents to the thread "TNR lectures Jon Stewart," I concur with the view that multimillionaire satirist laureate Jon Stewart is no laughing matter.

Carl