[lbo-talk] Irrelevance to Marxism of defending Marxism

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Mar 1 12:08:53 PST 2006

I'd agree. But, the rad left Berkeley J. of Sociology ran this article back in the mid-70's, By Carlos Moore. "Were Marx and Engels White racists?: The Prolet-Aryan outlook of Marx and Engels." Reply by

Alvin Gouldner issue.the yr. after.

Monthly Review, back in the late 70's, IIRC, ran another piece by Moore alleging Marx was a Black Man. Self-hating Black Man then?

--

Michael Pugliese

^^^^^ CB: Yes, this is the type of context I'm thinking of. You have Marx and Engels using the N-word in private correspondence, which gets picked up by Black anti-communists. So, we counter with evidence of their anti-racist practice ( Deeds more important than words)