[lbo-talk] startrek mountain

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 2 12:12:03 PST 2006

>Surely this isn't intended to be as stupid and hateful as it appears?
> >
> > John Thornton
> >
>Not hateful, sardonic. I don't do hate.

So it's stupid and sardonic. Cartman does hate:

Officer Barbrady: You can't just lock 63 people in your basement. Cartman: They're not people, they're hippies!

Cartman: Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.

Cartman: Naw dude, Independent films are those black and white hippy movies. They're always about gay cowboys eating pudding.

Cartman: Only three more hours, sea people. Only three more hours and you can take me away from this crappy goddamn planet full of hippies.

Cartman: Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.

Cartman: I don't hate black people. I hate hippies.

Cartman: M'am, I'm here to check your house for parasites ... apparently, you have hippies.

Cartman: I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!

http://www.southparkquotes.com/themes/hippies-quotes-2.html