[lbo-talk] Democrats Raising Bush Ties to Arabs in Battle Over Ports

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 14:17:44 PST 2006

Seth Kulick wrote:
> "...Bush's judgment on foreign affairs and national security
> is clouded by his close ties to the Arab world." Yuch.
>
> Democrats Raising Bush Ties To Arabs in Battle Over Ports

Why play the 'Arab card'? One word: Obfuscation.

http://www.sacbee.com/24hour/world/story/3215708p-11930416c.html

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Dubai's government may formally subscribe to the Arab boycott of Israel, but a state-owned company at the center of a controversy over its bid to take over some U.S. port operations says it routinely works with Israeli firms. It's a contradiction increasingly apparent in the region: Several Persian Gulf states, especially ones entering international markets, mostly ignore the boycott even though they haven't formally ended it and don't recognize Israel. <...>

Again, I highly recommend: The March/April 2006 (current) edition of adbusters article on the neo-"cons" and dual loyalty issues by Kathleen & Bill Christison.

They do a great job of connecting the dots.

Leigh www.leighm.net http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/