[lbo-talk] Michael Yates: Right-Wing Attack Dogs Go after a Colorado High School Teacher

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sat Mar 4 08:04:41 PST 2006

At 12:55 AM 3/4/2006, you wrote:
>In the course of Doug's sniping negativity on this issue and the responses
>thereto, we missed the real story here, which is the commendable action of
>the students who walked out of classes in support of Bennish.

heh. I had to laugh. One of the women speaking about the support strike indicated that she was a little defensive. Why? Because some people have probably been saying that it's easy to get a lot of people to demonstrate since it's a day off from school.

I organized a strike in high school -- in support of striking teachers working without a contract. (They were picketing during lunch hours and breaks). Fact is, it was not hard to get people into a sit-down strike in support of the teacher's because it WAS a way to get out of the normal routine. Still, it changed the lives of some of us.

PS

for a taste of Florida where we have Hot Tubs On Wheels: http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/03/03/hot-tub-to-go/

And.......... animal porn Fridays! http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/03/03/high-prep-low-class-whore/