[lbo-talk] Bennish case

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sat Mar 4 08:24:35 PST 2006

(This message was bounced back as over the bytes limit, probably because I had replied on top of the previous posts by Micheal, Nathan, et al. I notice now that Dennis Dixon has just made substantially the same point)

Seems to me Bennish should have first been contacted by someone sympathetic to his case - inside or outside the union - with the suggestion that he contact the NEA and request their support, offering to join at the same time. It would have been much more difficult for the union to decline in that circumstance - I'm not assuming it would have - especially if there are fair representation clauses in the labour legislation down there. Does anyone know if Bennish was asked whether he wanted union support, and what the union attitude to his case would be if he approached it to become a member? What's to prevent him taking that route now?