[lbo-talk] Bartels on Frank, etc.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 4 08:35:45 PST 2006

Seth Ackerman wrote:

>To say that middle-income whites don't respond to populism means
>that Dems have already tried a populist strategy directed at
>middle-income whites. But where and when have they done it?

The polling data says (or say, if I want to be a pedant) that econ populism doens't appeal to that demographic. It's always possible that a vigorous campaign could change the environment, but why do left candidates do so poorly in Dem primaries, in which voters are quite to the left of the general election? Seth, you worked for Kucinich - how'd the campaign analyze that phenomenon?

Doug