[lbo-talk] Michael Yates: Right-Wing Attack Dogs Go after a Colorado High School Teacher

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sat Mar 4 10:30:16 PST 2006

><http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/yates291005.html>.
>
>P.S. Don't miss the photo of Yates, circa 1972, on the page!

I hope Mike puts these short stories together as a collection and publishes them. The one he told of his mother -- in regard to his learning to take feminism seriously -- was one of the best personal essays I've ever read. Brad DeLong also had a great one about his daughter, her future, feminism, and a men's only club to which he'd been invited to speak I believe. Both are archived at the LOB.

As for the asschomp on "lecturing" i think he means the 'lecturing at' tone (finger wagging) Bennish seemed to have.

Shrill, the rightnutters call it. In my experience, it depends. Some of the students will love it. Some will be repelled. Others will just be sitting there, getting through. And some of them will finally feel and care about something in a way the old "Buddy Freddy Buffet Style" load up on a little of this and a little of that high schooling never does.

To the fucknuts who claim the guy didn't present both sides -- which is why he's been put on unpaid admin. leave, here's what I've told 'em:

Bush presented one side already, fucknuts. Teach did his job presenting the other.

To those who think a kid was intimidated. HA! He asked questions and argued with the guy and got rewarded for it!

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org