[lbo-talk] Debate of the Century: DLC vs. the Left

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 15:32:21 PST 2006

http://www.tpmcafe.com/node/27294

"My understanding of Sperling's view is that he thinks the government ought to provide health care for all Americans, increased investment in education and other public services, a tax code more favorable to working people and less favorable to the wealthy, labor law reform so as to mandate card-check election procedures, and pursue reductions in farm subsidies through the framework of the Doha Round of WTO talks.

Faux's view, by contrast is that the government ought to provide health care for all Americans, increased investment in education and other public services, a tax code more favorable to working people and less favorable to the wealthy, labor law reform so as to mandate card-check election procedures, and pursue reductions in farm subsidies outside the framework of the Doha Round of WTO talks because we shouldn't sign any new trade deals unless or until the trade deficit is closed."