[lbo-talk] a teacher in trouble, reply to Nathan

Michael Hirsch mmh655 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 16:22:52 PST 2006

>>It's a polemical reduction, of course, but it's pretty broadly
applicable, don't you think? Which is pretty good for a theory<<

It doesn't matter what I think or you think in this case, but what Fitch thinks, and he's proclaimed no "law" that says unions by definition care only about dues. His book is controversial enough, and will be misrepresented enough--see" L'il Kim" Philips Fein's tone deaf review in the Nation--without his friends reducing what I believe is a pretty powerful first take into a series of Mao-like postulates.

Mike Hirsch