[lbo-talk] There. Is. No. God.

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 5 08:43:00 PST 2006

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
> [clip]
> but the shift for me was never one of the scales falling from my eyes
> (per saint paul). it was much more gradual than that and, loooking
> back on it, was much more about getting things done.

"More about getting things done" seems to me a nearly perfect description of the practice. And that brings us back to marxism as a set of tools for understanding and acting in the world rather than a belief system to which one owes allegiance. The core of xtianity, it seems to me, is that belief in itself is the highest good (Whosoever believeth in me etc), and I put no stock whatever in belief as an end in itself.

Carrol