[lbo-talk] WBAI in action

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Mar 5 12:06:05 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I'll save Chip Berlet the trouble:
>
> <http://www.publiceye.org/top_conspire.html>
>
> <http://www.publiceye.org/tooclose/conspiracism.html>

Thanks for those links.

I was planning to add something about how the 9/11 movement draws on the work of conspiracy nuts who are also active in the UFO movement. I was going to point out the racism involved in some of that movement's theories, such as their assertions that the pyramids in Egypt and Central America may have been built by aliens from outer space.

Of course, those brown-skinned people could never have been smart enough to build pyramids! It had to be aliens!

Then a thought struck me this morning--why don't the UFO nuts ever claim that the Sistine Chapel or the Acropolis were built by aliens? Are they trying to tell us that Greeks and Italians--who had the same brain szie as Egyptians and Mayans--didn't need the help of aliens in UFOs?

It was the Knights Templar who flew those planes on 9/11. Didn't you see

the video? It had professors on it and everything!

Chuck