[lbo-talk] WBAI in action

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 13:58:47 PST 2006

The Mac version of iTunes does it, like Doug said. If you're on PC get either Nero Express or Easy CD-DA Extractor. You've said before you're adept with filesharing networks so you should be able to find them on those pretty easily. I used to use the latter for extracting mp3s from CDs before switching to Mac. You might be able to find a free trial version of Easy CD-DA Extractor on the web.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>
>> I have a more pressing question: does anybody know
how to convert a CD music file into an MP3 file? I want to use a song in my podcast, but Audacity won't import CD files. I set up iTunes and it claims that it converted the song to MP3, but it won't let me save the file to disk.

> The Mac version of iTunes does it; I've done it
hundreds of times. Are you sure it just doesn't save the file in the default iTunes directory?

> I also use a cheap shareware sound editor (Sound
Studio, again for a Mac) that can open CD files directly, and then allows you to save them as AIFFs - 10 times bigger, but better sound.