[lbo-talk] Arundhati Roy

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 21:20:41 PST 2006

John Dolan's a comedian? A reviewer at Amazon.com, of his bitter novel _Pleasant Hell_, wrote: "If you like extremely well-written loser books, especially losers who steadfastly, bitterly, proudly remain losers, this is a must." That's all I needed to know! Also, he *is* a good writer, and he did nab Frey way before TSG, for whatever that's worth.

No, I wouldn't pay him to do any shtick, and I wouldn't pay Roy, either. Al Franken sucks for playing a USO show at Abu Ghraib. Unfortunately, Joan Jett played a USO show in Afghanistan and Henry Rollins has played them in Iraq. Screw them for doing that.

-B.

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> But you wouldn't pay him to do his schtick, and most
likely few would.

> Can't a comedian find a more worthwhile target than
a woman who happens to be more famous than him (though male ressentiment of this sort doesn't quite compare to the low of playing a USO gig at Abu Ghraib and posing with a dog there).