Re: [lbo-talk] Jon Stewart: “Bjork Couldn't Be Here Tonight. She Was Trying On Her Dress And Dick Cheney Shot Her”...

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 07:56:30 PST 2006

eh. i thought stewart was, all in all, quite good. he steared clear of politics, yes, but he took shot after shot after shot at the academy itself and its whole self-congratulatory schtick. what about, "we've run out of clips. literally. we don't have any more footage. please send some in." or i think my favorite was his quip after a montage from films that addressed "real issues" or whatever; they come back to him and he says, "and none of those issues was a problem ever again." indeed, and jon stewart will host the oscars never again.

the highlight of the night, though, had to be meryl streep and lily tomlin introducing robert altman.

fwiw