[lbo-talk] query: Arundhati Roy

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 12:39:17 PST 2006

I just read them. They're totally US-centric -- barely a word about the relations between Afghanistan and it's neighbors, other than for purposes of dragging out the Unocal conspiracy theory, including the little matter of the overwhelming support for the war those neighbors. Including Iran and Russia, which Roy insinuates are the real targets of the war. Actually in one article she implies Russia is a target of the war, while in it another she denounces it for supporting the war. It makes no sense.

For the record, I was against the whole thing at the time. I think history has proved me wrong.