[lbo-talk] George Will: poverty caused by lack of hygiene...

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 14:28:29 PST 2006

no, it's "non-material *deficits*", a "scarcity" of moral resources.

> [...and it's shocking that John Edwards doesn't know this! or the
> name James Q WIlson!!]

[snip]

"The 1930s paradigm has been refuted by four decades of experience. The new paradigm is of behavior-driven poverty that results from individuals' nonmaterial deficits. It results from a scarcity of certain habits and mores - punctuality, hygiene, industriousness, deferral of gratification, etc. - that are not developed in disorganized homes."

that is, there is more morality going out than coming back in . . .er, wait, more morality coming in than going out? whatever, either way, they are moral resource poor because they spend too much, which we all know already. it's just that they spend too much *morality*. they need to learn to *save* morality. poor people need to get their moral ledgers back in balance. if they do that, the bank ledgers will be fine. and in the off-chance that they stay poor, well, at least everyone can feel good about themselves, which will matter to them when they have a non-material *surplus*.

i've always known in my gut, despite my leftist-communist anti-establishment sophistry apologizing for welfare queens in the name of "justice", that poor people are poor *because they deserve it*.

to hell with all y'all. pinkos.

-- "lo que decimos no siempre se parece a nosotros" http://www.brainmortgage.com/ -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060306/e7f80c82/attachment.htm>