[lbo-talk] Re: Afghanistan [was: query: Arundhati Roy]

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Mar 7 07:24:57 PST 2006

On 3/7/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Jim Devine <jdevine03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > My objections against the Bush invasion of
> > Afghanistan haven't
> > changed. In it, the US acted as detective,
> > prosecutor, judge, jury,
> > and executioner rolled up all in one.

> In this case, the US happened to be right.

Wow. Are you equally sanguine that, say, the US will "solve" the current issues with Iran in an equally righteous manner? Just leave it to Condi and Bolton?

Maybe I am just being nostalgic, but the idea of the UN and the dominion of international law once seemed kinda neat...

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam