[lbo-talk] John Y. Christopher

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Mar 8 07:29:55 PST 2006

Doug:
> Dennis Claxton wrote:
>
> >MANALAPAN, FL, United States (UPI) -- Flamboyant New Age keyboardist
> >Yanni has been arrested for alleged domestic battery in the wealthy
> >coastal town of Manalapan, Fla.
>
> Ha! Further proof that all that drippy New Age stuff is a
> reaction-formation against aggression!

That is too Freudian to my taste. My take on it is that all that drippy New Age stuff - and for that matter over the counter pacifism in general - means jack shit, since aggression arises mainly from social interaction rather than from psychological or mental predispositions. Even Gandhi can beat the living shit out of someone if properly enticed or provoked.

Wojtek