[lbo-talk] No Interest?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 10:10:08 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>> There are many things that I don't know about this world, and one of
>> those things is that Muslims don't believe in charging interest. Does
>> anyone have further info or relevant background on this?
>
> Someone just launched a sharia-compliant hedge fund. This stuff is all
> over - google "Islamic finance" for about 16 million hits.

When muslims buy a home, the interest is built into the cost of the home... Indeed, and that is the crux of the biscuit when people wonder how the bees got under the fundamentalist bonnet.

The gateway to mecca is another bee, a 'gift' from saudiaramco. http://www.paklinks.com/gs/gallery/files/1/0/6/6/1/file31.jpg