[lbo-talk] French school teacher goes postal

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:10:04 PST 2006

my working hypothesis is that it's US-style individualism that encourage such events (by putting all the weight of failure on one's shoulders, pushing some over the line). US-style globalization is spreading this kind of individualism to the world...

On 3/9/06, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:
> My Spanish mother-in-law used to say these kinds of things only
> happen in America:
>

> NANTES, France (Reuters) - An armed, unemployed teacher took 20
> pupils and three adults hostage at his former school in western
> France on Thursday, local officials said.

-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles