[lbo-talk] An Indirect Admission...

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:27:52 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Leigh Meyers wrote:
>
>> Isn't this an indirect admission that we've armed one
>> side of a potential (if not burgeoning) civil war-to-be?
>
> Did you read any of that CFR stuff? Or is that too boring?

1) I read it, but rummy isn't an advisor to policy... he makes policy.

2) Also, the average newpaper sreader doesn't read CFR, so an indirect admission in the general news media should be 'played' for all it's worth.

3) I don't need the CFR to tell me what's going on, or what was planned, or what went awry. It was totally a totally transparent scenario since the 'first' persian gulf invasion for those who use contrarian news reading techniques.

3a) It also helps to have an ABSOLUTE lack of faith in the US government, all 'elected' leaders thereof (none rent homes or take public transport, and they get raises most every year no matter how abysmally they perform, unlike you and I), and of course one should be able to assume that every media printed foreign policy story is a total lie, disingenous or a half-truth.

4) Since many readers of this list rely on the US business system to supply a means to gains, '3a' is a foreign concept. You can play the "don't you read... or is it boring" to them, apparently they were taken unawares.