[lbo-talk] we sooo won the culture wars

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Mar 10 12:03:37 PST 2006

>Most relevant
>to this, the article quoted abortion counselors as saying that
>"pro-life" mothers even urged their daughters to have abortions. But
>would that stop them for voting for a pro-life Republican?
>
>Doug

At our late lamented feminist abortion clinic, anti-abortion picketers would come in and get abortions. Well, the counselors had to grit their teeth, but the general impression these people left was that THEY had some special circumstance, all those OTHER women who were coming in to get abortions were irresponsible, etc. etc. Of course, they got abortions for the same reasons everyone else did. I'm guessing that they never anticipated that they would be in that situation (themselves or their daughters), so until it happens to them, yes, they'll vote for anti-abortion Republicans. After it happens to them... your guess is as good as mine. I do know two women who thought of themselves as Republicans and voted Republican who changed after needing abortions.

Jenny Brown