[lbo-talk] US Corporations and Unions: Fat and Mean (and

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 09:47:24 PST 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi, citing David M. Gordon: "US unions are, with the exception of UE, the mirror image of US corporations..."

Yup, That's why the 'political' (cf. Marcuse's quip about ..."business, politics, poverty...") needs to be *destroyed*, utterly downthrown... Nothing in it place.

Politics, 'business' et al, create the social structures that we live in. Poverty and oppression are (some of) the means to maintain the structure, and in case no one's noticed... it's pretty fubar. (unless your a 'white guy in the western world')

I'm gonna go out to my tipi and meditate on that over a bowl & bowl of granola now.

P.S. It snowed in Santa Cruz last night... Not just the mountains, all the way to sea level. ~~~~~

"One reason that propaganda often works better on the educated than on the uneducated is that educated people read more, so they receive more propaganda. Another is that they have jobs in management, media, and academia and therefore work in some capacity as agents of the propaganda system--and they believe what the system expects them to believe. By and large, they're part of the privileged elite, and share the interests and perceptions of those in power. " --Noam Chomsky