[lbo-talk] REAL divestiture, or just an Enron style bookkeeping fraud?

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Mar 11 15:30:04 PST 2006

On Mar 11, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Marta Russell wrote:
>

>> CONGRESS MUST ENFORCE DIVESTITURE OF ALL FOREIGN GOVERNMENT
>> CONTROL AND OWNERSHIP OVER OUR PORTS
>>

> Why?
>
> Doug

The arguments have been all over the media. Do you think this stance is based on hysteria?

Small businesses and others are in need of sources of income here. Personally I think Americans should have these jobs -- and Halliburton should not get the contracts. I never understood why, for instance, the US contracts federal overseas jobs that could be going to unemployed disabled people in this country.

Marta -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060311/5e073947/attachment.htm>