[lbo-talk] "I didn't join the British army to conduct American foreign policy"

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Mar 13 08:52:54 PST 2006

Colin Brace quoted :

-clip-

This week, pre-trial hearings are due to start into the court martial of Flight Lieutenant Malcolm Kendall-Smith, an RAF doctor who is refusing to return to Iraq on the grounds that the war is illegal. Mr Kendall-Smith's lawyer, Justin Hugheston-Roberts, said yesterday: "We will be arguing that he has no case to answer because, without a UN mandate, the invasion of Iraq was manifestly unlawful and any subsequent order was therefore unlawful."

^^^^^^ Correct. The war is a crime against peace, violates the international laws established in the Nuremberg trial of Nazis, as I have said here several times.

Charles Brown Attorney-at-law